Impact cratering, ejecta emplacement, shock metamorphism
Shock metamorphism in impact glass from the West Clearwater impact structure
Ph.D. candidate in Geology and Planetary Science
- M.S. Geology: Auburn University, August 201
- Thesis Title: Provenance of a boulder-bearing impact breccia from surface outcrops and a drill-core from the Wetumpka Impact Structure, Elmore County, Alabama.
- M.Sc. Geology: Savitribai Phule Pune University (Formerly University of Pune), May 2017
- Thesis Title: Characterization of ejecta and products of shock metamorphism from Lonar Crater, India.
- B.Sc. Geology: Fergusson College, May 2015
Research and Travel Grants
- GSA On to The Future Travel Grant for OTF Alumni for the 2020 Regional Meeting NE/SE section
- GSA Pathways Travel Grant for OTF Alumni for the GSA Annual Meeting, Arizona, 2019
- Barringer Family Fund for Meteorite Impact Research, 2018
- Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Research Grant, 2018
- Barringer Crater Company travel grant for 81st Meteoritical Society Meeting, Moscow,2018
- NASA travel grant for 81st Meteoritical Society Meeting, Moscow, 2018
- Geosciences Advisory Board Research and Travel Grants, Auburn University, 2018, 2019
- GSA On to The Future Travel Grant for the GSA Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, 2018
- College of Science and Mathematics (COSAM) Travel Grant, Auburn University, 2018
- *Chinchalkar N.S., Osinski G.R., Tolometti G.D. and Jaimes Bermudez J.P. 2022. Textural investigation of impact melt along a vertical transect at Discovery Hill, Mistastin Lake impact structure, Canada (abstract #2667). 53rd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference. Woodlands, Texas, March 2022 (iPoster).
- *Chinchalkar N.S. and Osinski G.R. 2021. Shock metamorphism in zircon from West Clearwater Lake impact structure, Quebec, Canada. Geological Association of Canada – Mineralogical Association of Canada Annual Meeting. London, Canada, November 2021 (poster).
- Chinchalkar N. S., and Osinski G. R. 2020. Microtextural and geochemical investigation of zircons from the Gow Lake Structure, Saskatchewan Province (abstract #1784). 51st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- Montalvo, P.E., Chinchalkar, N.S. and King, D.T. Jr. 2019. Field Survey of Enigmatic Boulders Within Interior Diamicton at The Wetumpka Impact Structure, Alabama (USA), Large Meteorite Impacts VI.
- Kring, D.A., Angotti,L., Bouchard, M., Byron, B., Chinchalkar,N.S., De Graff, S., Déhais, T., Glaspie,L., Hedgepeth, J., Hughes, M., Kaskes, P., MacArthur, J., McGregor, M., Ross, C., Stacey, K., Suarez, S., Verhagen, C., Erickson, T.M. 2019. Traces of Fallback Breccia On the Rim of Barringer Meteorite Crater (A.K.A. Meteor Crater), Arizona. 50th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- Chinchalkar N.S. and King D.T. Jr. 2018. Wetumpka Impact Structure, Alabama: Large Oriented Boulders in an interior diamiction, The Geological Society of America 130th Annual Meeting.
- Chinchalkar N.S., Hames W.E. and King D.T. Jr. 2018. Shock Effects in Mica and Rutile from Impact Breccia Matrix, Wetumpka Impact Crater, Alabama, 81st annual meeting of the Meteoritical Society.
- Chinchalkar N.S. and Duraiswami R.A. 2018. Quenched morphologies in impact glass from Lonar crater, India: role of water? 49th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- King D.T., Petruny L.W., DeMarchi L., Chinchalkar N.S. and Adams M.C. 2018. Sub-crater breccias, Flynn Creek impact structure, Tennessee, 49th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.