(Working) Thesis Title
Colonization of Shocked Basalt from Vargeão Dome and Vista Alegre, Brazil: Implications for the Search of Life on Mars.
- Investigation of microbial colonization in impact-generated terrestrial basaltic targets.
- Relationship between biomass, shock level, and hydrothermal alteration in basalts.
- Efficacy of shocked impact craters as a potential habitat and how it may relate to the origin and evolution of life.
- Characterizing hydrothermal alteration in Vista Alegre and Vargeao Dome basaltic impact samples
B.Sc Medical Science with Geology minor, University of Western Ontario (2018)
Awards & Scholarships
- Mineralogical Association of Canada Undergraduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Pre-thesis Award, Faculty of Science, University of Western Ontario
- Charles. A. Southworth Memorial Prize in Paleontology, Department of Earth Science, University of Western Ontario
- Mitacs Globalink Research Award
- SEG/Chevron Student Leadership Symposium (SLS) Travel Grant
- Science International Engagement Fund (SIEF) Award
- Mineralogical Association of Canada (MAC) Travel/Research Grant
- Robert and Ruth Lumsden Graduate Award in Earth Sciences
- AESRC 2019 Best Student Poster Presentation Award